Friday, January 16, 2009

These Nutkins almost whipped me!


P1150014
Originally uploaded by kelly.pratt42
I knitted the first sock very quickly. It was so easy to memorize and it was fun doing a short row heel and toe. I loved the toe. I had knitting to do for a swap and set it down for about a week. I then started the second sock and for some reason it was giving me trouble. It was the toe, I couldn't remember what I was doing. I am a very literal person and kept reading the pattern. Finally after I ripped out the toe for the second time I went to bed w/the pattern. I laid there and read the instructions and then finally figured out what I was doing wrong. I was not a ecstatic about the second sock as the first. I will do a different cuff, heel, and toe for the next pair. I will definitely make them again. I had fair warning from Ravelry re: the heel, toe, and twisting of the sock but I pushed on. I am happy though and they are for me. I used Spunky Eclectic in the colorway Lichen. Off to knit some Malabrigo Loafers.

No comments: