Friday, October 3, 2008

It is COLD!

This week has been down right chilly. I finally turned on the furnace yesterday. It was in the high 30's last night, I scraped frost off the windshield this morning. The 5 year old had the lovely apple orchard field trip today. He was not happy that he had his winter coat and mittens on. I told him other kids would be dressed the same way, he was certain he would be the only one! Much to my delight I walked in and his friend from down the road had winter coat, mittens, and a hat!

I am knitting socks from my September Socks That Rock sock club kit. I was using the pattern that it came with and then I ripppped it out. I personally could not see the pattern, according to others who stuck with it....when it is on the foot is when the pattern pops. Well it was not exactly fun every 4th round cabling the entire round on an 8 row repeat. So now they are gorgeous Plain Vanilla Socks. I have to knit something for my Color Swap on Ravelry. This is a swap where everything is related to whatever color your swap person likes. I get to pick the color. She likes purple which is fine w/me because I do not enjoy purple. I have purple in my stash and would love to knit her something out of purple~! It said in the swap requirements something homemade. I don't know what else to do and meatloaf probably doesn't travel that well--so knitting it is!

Well I have to pick up my 5 year old in 40 minutes so I am going to knit in the peace and quiet.

No comments: