Friday, September 12, 2008

Let The Sickness Begin.....

At the end of last week there were a few stomach aches in the house. This usually happens when school starts. The little ones that are not in school get ill. My husband teaches at a different school district than we live in, so he brings home a different set of germs. Everybody was weathering along w/the stomach thingy except one, Wilson (7). He kept saying my throat hurts when I swallow. I let it go for two days, then he was hot, then there were spots. The spots were not white so I was hopeful it wasn't strep. I took him to the Dr. today Tonsillitis. I think this means virus and you have the red spots on your tonsils! Yuck so we are hanging out drinking Sprite and watching way tooo much t.v.

On the knitting forefront....I finished Easton's (3) special socks. That is Easton that is 3 not that he needs 3 socks. He is not a three legged boy let me just put that out there. That is his name for them Special Socks. They are Halloween socks knitted out of Vesper's Trick or Treat I had from last year. They are very cute. The problem is now that Holden (5) saw them and he wants a pair. I have a skein of Great Googlie Mooglie but I was going to use that in the Halloween Swap. Hmmm not sure what I will do now. I am swatching for Hat Attack 2 which begins on 9/16. That should be fun, another knit or be killed thing I joined. :-) I have to knit a bag for another swap I am in. I will not name the bag just in case my swap partner reads blogs. I have to start that this weekend. It is a felted bag so I am going to check my stash for some Lamb's Pride. I work the next three days which I do every weekend. I am assuming it will be very busy at the restaurant due to the forecasted rain. I will not have much knitting time.

I am off to finish swatching before the non sick kids get home. I still have to finish my Monkeys, which are 3/4 of the way done on the second sock. The Monkeys have been at work since the holiday weekend. I brought them to work on in case it was slow. That was not the case and they are still there locked up in the cabinet just waiting to be finished. Then after Hat Attack I can begin my Gathered Pullover which I have been wanting to begin! Oh my this seems like a lot! Okay I am swatching.

No comments: