Saturday, September 20, 2008

Is There Such A Thing As Too Many Swaps?

I have several swaps in the works, I was out tonight and went to a local bookstore and was trying to remember what I had already ordered and for whom. It got a little overwhelming: hmmm now who likes citrus, who likes McCain, who is a wine lover? There were some funny paper dolls that were Obama and McCain. They each had their own set w/their wives...The dolls had each presidential hopeful in an undershirt and boxers. There were some very nice punch out clothing. Very Funny Gift! I am in a lot of swaps, but they should be over by the end of October. I probably will take a break over the holidays as this is cutting into my knitting time. I finally got out my spinning wheel and put it together. I was busy/scared. I have a Majacraft Little Gem. I spun up some lumpy thick (wish I was yarn ) stuff! It was stressful and intriguing. I watched some "spinning on the wheel" youtube videos today w/the kids. I know my problem is the drafting so I need to get a lot better at that. At least it is out and put together, if there was a quiz on what everything on the wheel is called, I am not sure I would pass. I got my first kill in Hat Attack 2. I found out via my intended target's blog! She liked her hat too! I am glad, you always hope people will like what you knit but who knows?? Different tastes, different color palatte. For those of you who don't know.....Hat Attack is a knit and kill game. There is a pattern, yarn, gauge & a target. The pattern is released on a certain day and you have to knit your target the hat according to pattern as fast as you can. When it is complete you mail it to your target and when they receive it in the mail....they are dead. They mail you their unfinished knitting for you to complete. Then you are on to your next kill, until there is one person left. Oh the knitting joy! I am off to bed as I work tomorrow. I took today off to see my children play soccer. It was a beautiful day for soccer, cool in the a.m. and warmer by mid-morning. I went to the store and purchased Speed Racer for the kids, they loved it!

No comments: