Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Knitting What Else?

I tried to finish a few loose projects that I had laying around in 2010. One project was a pair of socks that I had knitted for Delaney and for whatever reason they had holes in them before I gifted them to her. We went on vacation and upon return there were holes, she would like to think there were moths... I believe there was a cat involved but who knows? Needless to say they are now a pair again and they had laid around for a year. I finished spinning some fiber I had on my wheel for months. I also tried my Louet S90 that I took delivery of in August. It had sat there waiting to be spun on for five months. I spun up a corriedale batt from Grafton Fibers and it was in a rich jewel amethyst color. Delaney of course loved it & I loved the wheel. It was fun to spin on and I need to come up with an appropriate name for her. I received the wheel from a lady in Illinois and it was her mothers wheel before she passed away. Her mother was of Irish descent so I need a good Irish name other than the one I already possess. I still have to sew some buttons on my Tangled Yoke Cardigan and wash and block 4 others but then I am totally finished. Oh there is that blanket on my loom I started, but I decided to dedicate 60 minutes every afternoon to spinning or weaving. So I have worked on it this year and it really doesn't count as unfinished as it is a continual work in progress.

I am going to be test knitting a sweater for The Plucky Knitter. She is a dyer from Delton Michigan. The yarn is merino & silk and the colorway is Dark & Stormy which is in the charcoal family. I am excited to help out a fellow Michigander, she will be displaying the knitted goods at an upcoming trade show. I was in the Plucky Knitter Classics Yarn Club for a while and enjoyed her yarn and color choices. Off to grab a cup of coffee and knit on my sweater for a few minutes before the not so wee ones return from errands.

No comments: