Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Preschool Teacher Gift


P5310057
Originally uploaded by kelly.pratt42
This is a blanket I knit during May. I decided since it was our last year for preschool, Easton's teacher deserved a special gift. She has taught all five of my children preschool from the year 2001-2010. The span of years is nine so I made sure the blanket represented this and knit nine rings around. The pattern is called 10 stitch twist as the entire time you knit only on 10 stitches picking up a stitch as you go to attach it to the previous row. It was fun and addictive knitting. I used 12 skeins of Noro Kureyon and it was a bit tough on my hands. The blanket softened up nicely when it had a warm bath in wool wash. Mrs. Swainston loved her gift as much as I enjoyed giving it to her.

1 comment:

cindy said...

Kelly, The blanket is awesome! I wished I had seen it in person. What a special gift. :)

Cindy