Friday, March 19, 2010

Mom's Birthday Socks


P3190017
Originally uploaded by kelly.pratt42
I have been knitting non-stop during the month of March. My Mother's birthday was March 14th. I called her the Wednesday before and offered some sock color suggestions. She is a boring sock wearer, it is a wonder I wear anything other than beige! I say that with much love as she has great taste & style for someone any age. She chose grey and the yarn is from Chameleon Colorworks and the colorway is Dove. I wanted to keep this yarn for myself after skeining it up. Who cannot use a pair of grey socks? These are the first pair of socks that I have knitted out of Cookie A.'s book Sock Innovation. The pattern is called Glynis, and the knit 3 together that is throughout caused some serious pain in my left wrist. I am a tight knitter to begin with, but trying to get the k3tog off of the left hand needle was agony. I decided to opt out of the pattern on the foot and just have it on the leg. I don't think it made a difference, it is still an awesome looking sock. I knit this sock quickly considering I started it Wednesday night late and finished Tuesday night. I also worked 30 hours during that time period & volunteered in the kindergarten classroom! One down and one to go..............

No comments: