Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Bad Blogger

Well it has been almost two months since I have written. The last couple of months have been very busy for the family. Cooper, Holden, Wilson, and Rob all have hockey. The younger two have learn to skate and Rob & Cooper play on a team. Cooper has practice twice a week and games on the weekend. Delaney has piano & figure skating so that keeps her busy. Rob is also coaching the "B" girls basketball team, and teaching cathecism. We have also had our share of illnesses just to keep us on our toes. Last week Easton had the flu and I was in the house with him for four days. It was a bit long and draining and I was very happy to get out of the house on Saturday even if it was for an 11 hour day at work.

On the knitting front, I have been very busy. I have knitted two pairs of mittens, a pair of socks, working on a handspun shawl and weaving a panel for a woven blanket. I have also spun some merino silk for a hat Delaney requested. It is in the colorway Racer, it was a given to me for my participation in the Tour De Fleece. The colors match Lance Armstrong's team colors. I am anxious to finish the shawl & move onto another project. I have 2 lbs of superwash merino in Dragonskin which is a teal colored fiber. It is beautiful and it was dyed by Funky Carolina. It is destined to be a sweater for myself. This is the biggest project I have taken on and I hope it all works out. I have read on Ravelry that others have attempted this and failed due to no enough yardage. They start and run out, colors don't match, have to knit a different colored yoke. I want a solid color sweater, so I have to swatch & reswatch to make sure I am on target.

It has been warm here for over a week which makes spinning/knitting winter wear not as much fun. I love knitting when it is snowing, not so much fun when it is sunny and 52 degrees. I am not complaining I love the sunshine. It doesn't have as much inspiration for wool as snow. I am off to take pictures as I have a sunny day and then will have something to post.

No comments: