Friday, March 19, 2010

Lance Armstrong Hat


P3190010
Originally uploaded by kelly.pratt42
I received this roving of merino & silk from my participation during the Tour de Fleece. Delaney wanted some mittens and a hat and I spun the yarn and knitted the requested items. She got a new winter coat that is silver and wanted some accessories to compliment it. It was hard to get motivated during the last few weeks of weather in the 50's & 60's. I noticed that the snow was coming so I plied the yarn, washed, whacked and dried it last week. I started the hat on Wednesday night and knitted steadily on it. I finished it tonight which is Friday, I think the freezing weather is due tomorrow. The pattern is Lisa's Beret from Kirsten a.k.a. Through The Loops. A nice knit with an easy to remember broken linen stitch pattern. The roving was from GLBLF, which stand for Girls Like Boys Like Fiber. They are a seller on Etsy and this was hand painted merino silk. The colorway was Racer and I will enjoy seeing her in it. It reminds me of being up north this summer during the Tour de Fleece and spinning away.

No comments: