Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Little Sister's Birthday Socks


P2150020
Originally uploaded by kelly.pratt42

I am not going to lie, I knitted these for myself. When I finished the socks they were too big. Kim's birthday was in a few days and although we usually do not exchange gifts....I know for a fact her foot is bigger than mine. I went through all of the usual knitting things in my mind. Will she know how long socks take to knit? Will she appreciate the gift? Does she know how much a skein of Socks That Rock costs? In the end I gave them to her during our knit night which was on her actual birthday. She loved them and tried not to cry...It seems her husband had forgotten her birthday so it all worked out and she did not feel forgotten on her day after all. What are sisters for?

The pattern for these socks is: Kites by Anne Hanson. A very easy pattern for anyone. It went fast, I did not like the look while knitting. I do like it on the foot.

No comments: