Saturday, July 12, 2008

Favorite Summertime Memory

This post is a response to my Summer of Yarn Love Swap. My favorite summertime memory is from 1975. My parents told us we were going somewhere in the morning but said we would find out in the morning. As a parent myself I would never do this ever--I do not reccommend it! I did not sleep and neither did my siblings. My father was self employed, he had a commericial roofing company. He worked long hours all summer long, we rarely went away. When we woke that next morning we loaded up in our car and my parents gave us a brochure for Cedar Point. Which unless you are from the midwest probably don't know what it is. It is a huge amusement park in Sandusky Ohio. I live in Michigan and it is a 5 hour drive to the park. The ride in the car w/my siblings and the stay in the hotel there were a blast. We made this a family tradition for a lot of years. We loved the fries w/vinegar, taffy, and handmade lemonade (the kind that is shaken). I always got sunburned...but to this day I love rollercoasters!

No comments: