Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Killing My Hands Hat


P4200020
Originally uploaded by kelly.pratt42
This is my work in progress, The Snapdragon Tam. It is knit out of Madeline Tosh's worsted weight yarn in the colorway Faubourg. I received the yarn in 2008 when I was a member of the Magnolia Society which is a yarn club. It is a deep purple with hints of almost black. It is my first pattern from Ysolda Teague, a younger designer from Scotland. All of this cabling is doing a number on my hands, wrists, and thumb. It doesn't help that I knitted non-stop last night on this. I have about 15 or so rounds to go and I am happy about that. Then I have to give it a bath and block it over a dinner plate to get its tam appearance. This will be a Christmas present for Delaney, I am getting quite an early start. The problem with early gifts is I usually forget I knitted/bought them or cannot locate when December comes around. Here's hoping that is not the case.

No comments: