Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Afghan Is Almost Done

I am just finishing up the edging on this afghan. We took a class in 2008 and knit a square a month. The class was fun but the knitting pattern was a bit too beginner to keep my interest for very long. I usually knitted my one square and let it sit until the next month. I finally pulled this out last week and said I have to get this done! I decided to knit a contrast color in between the patterned rows. This would save me from blocking the strips as I knit some larger than others and extended each row by an additional square. There is no way they were going to line up perfectly and that would have bothered me. I have twelve more rows until I am finished with this and the family can enjoy it while watching American Idol. If I could keep the dogs off of it! :-)

No comments: