Tuesday, May 26, 2009

School is almost over!

We just had a long Memorial Day weekend. I worked Friday thru Monday at the restaurant. I am not complaining at all as we are getting new vinyl replacement windows throughout the house tomorrow. We can definitely use the extra money for that big job. I am looking forward to the windows but not the: "moving anything within two feet in front or beside any window". Yuck- that is a lot of things to move...beds, pianos, dressers, and all window furnishings.

I knit Delaney one sock during ball games last week. I will try to knit a mate this week. I knit a chevron cuff and a stockinette foot out of self striping yarn. I used the Yarn Pirate's BFL in the colorway Cupcake. I knit a ton of socks and this is really thin fingering weight. I did not enjoy the yarn that much but do like the color.

I have been spinning nightly. I am currently spinning some superwash merino from AllSpunUp. It is for a spinalong, we are aiming for sock weight yarn. I shall see it is taking so long as I ordered 8 ounces. I keep looking at the pile of roving stripped down and it is overwhelming. :-)

I must get busy with the bedrooms so the window guys can start there in the a.m. I must not knit/spin I must not knit/spin I must not knit/spin I must not knit/spin no spin/knit!

2 comments:

Brad Yoho said...

If you need more information on the replacement windows you are getting you should check out this website.

Unknown said...

Cannot imagine how you do all this with 5 little kids. If the pictures on the ASU board are anything to go by, this yarn will be too thin for socks and 1000yards. Beyond froghair. Newt.